Janet Barclay of the Organized Assistant asked me share on the topic of blog carnivals. Read my story about why I participate in Blog Carnivals.
Here is a snippet of the article:
As a blogger who struggles keeping up with my blogging amidst my regular business duties (clients, speaking, coaching, etc.), my family (a wonderful husband and four active kids) and other necessary responsibilities – laundry, cooking, exercising, volunteering, sleeping – I thought being a part of a blog carnival was a beneficial endeavor for the following reasons:
- Each month the blog carnival would give me a topic to write on which would decrease my having to think one
- I would be challenged – possibly – to write on a topic I wouldn’t normally choose
- Writing each month would keep my blog current – at least monthly
- It would help my readers get more information and content by going to the carnival and reading other professional organizers’ posts
- It would give me the appearance of an “expert” – one who is involved in something bigger in the area of their expertise
- I could “meet” other professional organizers by reading their posts
- I could make connections, possibly grow relationships and grow “name recognition” among colleagues
- And, then, who knows what other opportunities could arise…
Do you blog? Do you participate in Blog Carnivals? Please share a benefit you receive in the comments!
Janet’s December carnival is on the organizing topic – “Reflection and Planning.”