Does the front of your refrigerator look like this?!! If not, maybe it is time for a quick exterior, refrigerator organizing project!
The refrigerator is a great place to keep important papers.
I have seen refrigerators, well, no, I actually couldn’t SEE the refrigerator because it was covered with paper clutter.
I am sure that at one time each of the papers (and pictures) on it were important and earned their right to be hung on there. But, when overcrowded, the papers get lost and pretty soon the refrigerator is in serious need of a makeover!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.
Favorite Product to Organize the Exterior of the Refrigerator
One of my favorite products to help the refrigerator look neat and tidy and to keep the really-important-papers really-important is a Display Protector. Insert the important paper into the Display Protector and attach it to the refrigerator. You will be able to see it a moment’s notice AND the paper is protected from falling off and getting torn or soiled. The rest of the family will know just where to find this paper, too.
Uses for the Display Protector
If you are a digital family you can print off the family calendar and insert it into the protector.
If you have children that need to keep a specific schedule (block scheduling, A-E days of the week) you could print the schedule out and insert into the Protector.
It works great to highlight an award or special artwork.
It is a perfect place for sitters to find important numbers listed – your family cell phones, doctors, emergency contacts, etc.
When my daughter first purchased her turtle she printed out a list of what the turtle could eat and inserted it into the protector.
You could also make a collage for your important family memories, photos, or people to pray for at church. Neat and tidy.
Take a fresh look at your refrigerator. Is it neat, clean and attractive? If not, here are some action steps to give it a makeover.
- Remove everything from the exterior of your refrigerator.
- As you remove it put it into piles: recycle, elsewhere, keep.
- Give the refrigerator a good washing! Use stainless steel spray cleaner for stainless and a magic eraser for white or black refrigerators.
- Grab a couple of Display Protectors and insert the important papers into them. Hang them using the removable adhesive or use these 3M Velcro strips.
- If necessary hang the other papers with cute magnets like these or make your own mouse trap magnets using this tutorial found here (hmmm…if you can get over the fact that a mouse-killing mechanism is hanging on your food storage these are the cutest!). Use sparingly in order to keep your kitchen attractive and clean.
- Better yet, keep your refrigerator free from any paper by using the inside of a cabinet door in your kitchen to hang papers. You could even insert a square piece of cork board inside your cabinet door to tack these papers to.
Happy organizing! Enjoy a fresh, attractive, organized refrigerator exterior.
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net